Friday, September 6, 2013

In My Sewing Room

I snapped a few pictures in my sewing room recently.

This is a picture that hung in my mother's house.  Its perfect for a quilter's sewing room.

I think the heart is made from an authentic "old" quilt, but I'm not sure.


This sunflower wind chime was a Mother's Day gift.  In my experience wind chimes always end up being destroyed by the wind, so there is no way this one is going outside.  I love it hanging in front of the window.  One of my favorite things is when the sun shines in this window in the morning.


This basket is where I throw scraps as I am sewing.  The plan is the organize them, but the basket keeps getting more full and I just keep sewing on new projects.


The African Violets bloom constantly in the sunny window.


This one was rooted from the one in Mama's Nursing Home window.  I've rooted several more, but they are very tiny.  Love them.


Here's my most recent sewing project:

 
 I spent some time organizing in my sewing room last night. Somehow it always gets back into a big mess! I brought home two old sewing machines that belonged to my Mama, as well as all her sewing supplies and some fabric. The machines don't work and there is way too much stuff in there.... but I love it all. I now have 5 non-working sewing machines, including the old treadle machine that sits in our living room. I would love to have all the machines repaired some day.

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I enjoyed seeing your pictures. Which quilt is rolled up in the basket?

Auntie M said...

I love the pictures - especially of the one from your mother's sewing room! It is so true.

Are you open to any more fabrics - this weekend?

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...