Thursday, December 27, 2012

Roasted Pecans

 
Pecans are so expensive to buy in the grocery store!  We don't have any pecan trees since we moved to the farmhouse, but luckily this year we were given some pecans already shelled into halves.

I looked back in the Homemaking Dreams archives and found that I had already posted the simple roasted pecan recipe that I use.  But here it is again, just in case you have some pecans on hand.  We love them!

ROASTED PECANS

Melt one stick of butter or margarine in a saucepan. Add one pound (3 or 4 cups) of shelled pecan halves and swirl them until they are well coated. Spread out on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 30 minutes or until the nuts begin to toast through and turn a darker shade of brown. Drain on paper towels. When they have cooled a bit sprinkle with salt to taste and when thoroughly cooled, store in tightly covered jars or tins.

 
Happy Boxing Day!

No comments:

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...