Monday, May 2, 2011

A Little Spring Sewing

A combination of my two favorite hobbies... sewing and gardening. This is a new Spring clothespin bag which coordinates quite well with my Grandma's rosebush. I rooted this rosebush from a cutting taken from my Mama's bush, which she rooted the same way directly from Grandma's bush.



The rosebush is "probably" New Dawn, which was a popular rosebush during my Grandma's day, kind of like the Knockout Roses are right now.







I hope you have a happy Spring Monday!

8 comments:

Rita said...

What a beautiful spring clothespin bag and lovely roses. The bag is so pretty next to the roses. What a neat memory you have of the pink roses.
Have a very good week.

Granny said...

I don't know which is prettier, the clothespin bag or the rose. That shade of pink is beautiful. I'm glad you have the rose that was from your grandmother. The starts I got from my neice didn't make it but I'll get more once it blooms.

Have a blessed day.

Auntie M said...

How lovely!

Little Penpen said...

So pretty! I love the pastel color of the bag and the roses! I should plant those right outside my vintage room in my old farmhouse. ;o)

Impera Magna said...

Love the roses and love the new clothespin bag... makes hanging out clothes a little nicer!

Anonymous said...

Both are beautiful, love the colors! Could please tell me how you rooted the rose bush? Thanks a bunch!

blessedcountrygirl@gmail.com

ancient one said...

Beautiful rose, beautiful clothespin bag.

Jillian said...

Now those are some Simply Beautiful pictures!! What a timeless look and lovely reminder of yesteryear. :)

I've actually never heard of a clothespin bag! But I think it is so sweet! I've always loved the idea of a clothesline; linens gently blowing in the breeze...
: )

Blessings,
Jillian

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...