Since many of you are tired of snow, here's a nice refreshing Spring picture!
Here are a few little tidbits from my week. Is that a word? Anyway, here they are:
1. Yesterday's temperature was 74 degrees. :o) Today it will be 48:o( Even though it was very windy I ventured forth on my old walking route during my lunch break. Days in February that are decent for walking are few and far between, but they will be more frequent as we creep toward Spring. Before I know it, it will be too hot to walk at noon!
2. Small things: Ever think some of the things you do aren't important? Or that making baby steps toward a goal isn't worth it? This Bible verse jumped out at me yesterday morning:Zechariah 4:10 “Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of the LORD that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone in the hand of Zerubbabel?”
3. I haven't had a McDonald's sweet tea all week and I'm ok with that. Its just a matter of getting out of that habit.
4. After doing some research on the internet I was disappointed to discover that a woman of my age, height, weight and activity level needs a surprisingly low number of calories to maintain her weight. No wonder I have been gaining weight because I definitely have been exceeding that number on a daily basis!
5. A really great website for healthy living is LIVESTRONG, sponsored by Lance Armstrong. I love it and so I signed up for the free version. A really nice feature is "My Plate" which calculates the number of calories for any food you enter and tells you how many more calories you can have that day to meet your weight loss goal. It takes into account any activity as well. Yesterday's 20 minute walk allowed me 120 more calories of food for the day! I need to eat 1154 calories in order to lose 1.5 pounds a week. If I exercise I can eat more or it will help me lose more. My choice.
6. I'm still doing my menu planning, but this week my hubby and I have been kick starting our healthier eating plan, so we aren't eating any big meals at night. We have been eating some cereal, baked chicken, baked potatoes, green beans, etc. Next week I plan to do more detailed menu planning of healthy, light meals.
7. I have stuck to my plan of machine quilting at least one hour each night. I am making good progress and am still hoping to be ready to bind the quilt this weekend. I am excited to finish "Farmhouse Magic" and am excited to start a new project too!
I hope your Thursday is nice and warm!
I haven't made a clothespin bag in a quite a while. In fact I had to read my own clothespin bag tutorial to remember exactly how! My ...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! This...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...