The Cherry Pit Quilt Shop in Sevierville, Tennessee:
... Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
I haven't been spending as much time in the sewing room as I would like for the last two months. November and December are so full of activities that I can't seem to concentrate on my sewing projects. Several times I went into the sewing room and stood and looked around. My creative juices just wouldn't flow!
Now that January, 2011 is well on its way I am making my sewing plans for 2011. I really want to finish some things and of course, would love to start some new ones. Here is my list.
1. Continue handquilting the Grandma Quilt. I'm about half through with this. IF ONLY I had stuck with it, I when I was on a roll!Just 15 minutes a day would have made such a difference. No point worrying about it now.
2. My nephew and his wife are expecting a baby girl in April, so I am planning another Stacked Coins quilt. This will be the third one in this design I have made, all for girls. This one will be pink and white with some green mixed in. These are some of the fabrics I will be using. Some of them are fat quarters bought at the Cherry Pit quilt shop in Tennessee.
3. I started two Irish Chain quilts last summer that I want to work on using the Leaders and Enders System I learned from Bonnie at Quiltville. One of the quilts is blue and beige and the other is red and white.
4. I started a quilt that was to be a wedding gift over a year ago. I want to finish it and decide if I will still give it to the couple!
5. I want to make pillow cases for Christmas 2011 gifts. I plan to do this during Friday Night Sew In each month and also will link to Sewn With Grace, as I posted about in this POST.
6. I hope to sew some projects to sell in my Etsy Shop.
7. I want to plan a Summer of 2011 quilt project to be donated to my church's Harvest Day auction which is held in November of each year.
8. I would like to make some baby quilts to donate. I hope to write more about this later.
9. There are some small projects that I want to make for my grandson. A couple are pajama pants and a John Deere themed playmat or totebag.
10. Any special request projects I am asked to do.