Friday, August 13, 2010
Sewing and Life Lessons
What I've learned this week:
1. Sewing small squares together (1 1/2 inch!) is hard!
2. The smaller the squares, the more accurate the cutting and that pesky quarter inch seam must be.
3. Strip piecing is much faster and MUCH more accurate.
4. You can't use small scraps if you are going to strip piece.
5. If you leave your car windows slightly open on a hot day and there's a chance of rain... it will rain, rain hard, and the wind will be blowing in just the right direction to get the inside of your car wet. Then when you get into the car to make a quick trip to the grocery store, your coupons and sales papers will be wet and when you go in the store, your back side will be wet.
Have a great weekend everybody!
I've been wanting the new Trim Healthy Table cookbook and was getting ready to order it for myself on Amazon for Christmas. I was ha...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
My pallet flag is hanging out waiting for summer! I actually love winter, except for the short daylight hours. One thing I love makin...