Friday, August 13, 2010
Sewing and Life Lessons
What I've learned this week:
1. Sewing small squares together (1 1/2 inch!) is hard!
2. The smaller the squares, the more accurate the cutting and that pesky quarter inch seam must be.
3. Strip piecing is much faster and MUCH more accurate.
4. You can't use small scraps if you are going to strip piece.
5. If you leave your car windows slightly open on a hot day and there's a chance of rain... it will rain, rain hard, and the wind will be blowing in just the right direction to get the inside of your car wet. Then when you get into the car to make a quick trip to the grocery store, your coupons and sales papers will be wet and when you go in the store, your back side will be wet.
Have a great weekend everybody!
Welcome to a new series of posts that I plan to do, called "A Tiny Frugal Tip". They'll be short and sweet, but hopefully you...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...