Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Spiderman Quilt Finished!



The only thing left to do is that I need to make a label for the back that says, "Hand quilted with love for Dylan, by Grandma - 2009". Will get that done this week.

I was babysitting my grandson this past weekend and since he's only two I thought he wouldn't really notice me working on the quilt. It was spread out on the kitchen table while I trimmed the edges. He ran up to it and while tenderly touching it, said in a barely audible, awe struck whisper, "Wow!".

Now I can move this project from the "2009 Sewing To Do List" to the finished list located at the bottom of this blog.

This post is a part of Whatcha Working on Wednesday at Leslie's blog My Country Home.

9 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I'm with Dylan... WOW! It is so pretty... now on to other projects! Isn't it a great feeling to finish something? I rarely know that feeling, but when I do, it's wonderful.

Keeper of the Home said...

That turned out so nice. Do you hand quilt or machine quilt? I am just learning the craft and have lots learn but I am so ready.

~Mrs. M

Angie said...

It's beautiful!! My son would love it, I'll have to forward it to my mom who quilts. :)

Terri said...

That is beautiful, Debbie!

Beth said...

Just think of how much your grandson will treasure this quilt as he grows older.

DarcyLee said...

Isn't it a great feeling to finally finish something, especially something that takes lots of time and energy to get done? You did an awesome job on the quilt. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

I'm sure Dylan will always have that special quilt Grandma made him! :)

Melinda

Leslie said...

Great job on the quilt! I'm sure it will be highly appreciated if not today, someday in the future when he's old enough to really understand the time and love you put into it :)

I have to say that's one of the best compliments in the world...one from a child. I love when my kids tell me what a good job I did on something. Makes me feel like a kid, myself :)

Have a great day!

Leslie

Neabear said...

Congrats on finishing the quilt. That has got to be a really great feeling for you.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...