Thursday, September 17, 2009

Quilt Label

One of my recent complaints has been, "If only I weren't so tired when I get home from work at night!... I could sew so many things." Well last night was no different. When I got home from work I just wanted to get in a chair and call it a night.

But, instead I MADE myself get up, get going and stay going. After a few minutes I felt fine and got a couple of sewing projects done, as well as stayed awake long enough to see the Finale of America's Got Talent!

I made the quilt label for the Spiderman Quilt shown in the previous post. In the past I either cross stitched a label or didn't make one. I read a blog post HERE on Crazy Mom Quilts about hand writing the label using freezer paper as a stabilizer. It worked great! For anyone interested in quilting, Crazy Mom Quilts is a great blog and I highly recommend it! I'm very excited to learn more about quilting by using the tutorials on there!



The other project that I completed was a chicken fabric clothespin bag which I listed in my Etsy Shop.

And as for the winner of America's Got Talent.... boy did America vote for the underdog this time!

6 comments:

Terri said...

Thank you so much for that tip and link, Debbie. I just started labeling my quilts but to be honest I just write using a fabric pen. This is so much better!

Mary L. Briggs said...

I love the way your label came out, Deb! What a great idea. Thank you, too for the link to the other site!

I am embarrassed to admit that I have several quilt tops, but none have been quilted yet:( Maybe I can start one this winter.

Little Penpen said...

The label looks great and I will check out Crazy Mom's site next. I had never watched America's got Talent until last night... the finale show. Were you happy with the winner? He seemed so humble! :o)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful label and quilt! I loved the earlier post where Dylan touched the quilt and whispered "Wow!"

Marjorie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like that after work!

Somedays I can make myself get something extra done but most days not.....

Melinda

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job on the quilt. I'm sure it will be loved.

I watched the entire season of the show. I was not happy with the winner. Sentimental story and somewhat okay singer, but I felt that Barbara (opera singer) was more talented. Did you notice that last year's winner Neal (opera singer) was never mentioned? I don't think I'll be watching anymore. It's the same reason I stopped watching American Idol. I don't think it's all very real. Lyn

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...