I feel so much better today because I made some progress in getting some things done.
This is what I got done after work yesterday
1. I washed and dried 1 load of clothes
2. Made Spaghetti and Salad for supper (Thanks Clare for the salad hint!)
3. Hemmed my black pants. They are new and the hem of one leg came completely out the first day I wore them! AARRRGGHHH!!!
4. Pressed the completed flannel sheep blanket I crocheted an edge on.
5. Prepared the fabric for my next crochet edge blanket. This included trimming it to the correct size, rounding off the corners and sewing a 1/4 inch hem all around. Now I can start crocheting the edge tonight when I spend the night at Mama's. This fabric has doggies on it with red bandannas and collars. So the crochet thread I'm using is red.
6. Took a relaxing bath and was in bed by 9:00, instead of crashing in my recliner. This makes me sleep much better if I start out my sleep for the night in bed.
This morning before work I accomplished this:
1. Bible reading and devotion
2. Washed one load of clothes. I'll dry these when I get home before going over to Mama's.
3. Swished and Swiped the boys' bathroom.
4. Decluttered the top of the dryer and wiped if off.
5. Made a gallon of tea
6. Decided what was for supper
7. My hubby always empties and fills the dishwasher every morning and every night so the kitchen is usually in pretty good shape. I did sweep a little.
I've been really thinking about yesterday's list and where each item fits into God's plan for my life. If God is first and Family is second, I need to take care of my Bible reading, devotion and prayer throughout the day no matter what else gets done. Then family... I thank the Lord that I have a lot of great family! At this time in my life taking care of my Mama is very important.
I'm not going to be sewing for my Etsy Shop or making Christmas gifts unless the Lord gives me some unexpected free time! That's ok. I'm willing to give up what ever I need to for a "season". I've been trying to do it all in my own power and I just can't do it any more. So I'm only going to concentrate on my priorities. What a relief!!!
MATTHEW 11:30 FOR MY YOKE IS EASY AND MY BURDEN IS LIGHT
Good Morning! I worked in the sewing room on Saturday and completed two more of the small monogrammed tote bags that I am working on for C...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...