I do! Lately, it's been one thing after another for me.
So I've tried to sit down with my calendar and notebooks and all my organizing tools to get organized. I want to figure out what is important and what will just have to wait. I even found more books on organizing your time at the library. I've about read all my branch has on the subject! LOL
When I got out my calendar and turned to August, 08, this is what I wrote in there last January. "Work on handmade Christmas gifts". Yikes!
If I had time this is a list of all the things I need to do or want to do:
1. Spend more time reading the Bible and doing a daily devotion.
2. Sew items for my Etsy Shop
3. Sew items for Christmas
4. Make a baby quilt for my nephew's upcoming baby shower.
5. Make crochet edge baby blankets for my nephew's baby and for future gifts and possibly the Etsy Shop.
6. Work on taxes
7. Do all of Flylady's routines for my home.
8. Declutter and clean everything, including the attic, garage, all closets and cabinets.
9. Exercise every day. My doctor told me recently to walk 45 minutes a day. (!!)
10. Sew special items for on line friends. Some of you have been so kind to me and I want to do the same. I've just had a crazy summer!!
11. Cook more nutritious meals instead of the quick meals we've had to resort to lately.
12. Work in my yard. I love to work in the yard, but haven't done any this summer. My sweetie and son have been doing all of it.
13. Work on Christmas preparations ahead of time.
14. Shop with coupons. I love to coupon shop!
15. Bargain hunt. I love thrift stores, yard sales and good deals. Even if I were rich, I would still enjoy these.
16. Blog more.
I read some where that if you give something up, some how God gives it back to you. So I've got to let some of the above list go, because its humanly impossible to do it all!
I think if I do number one on the list maybe the others will fall into place. Which of these items should I give up and which should I pursue? I want to do them all!!!
Susan of With Heart and Hand by Grace has a great idea that I'm trying this week. You make a list of only THREE of your most pressing things that need to be done each day. I think this would help me not to feel so overwhelmed. I can certainly get three things done a day in addition my regular daily routine of working, etc. I usually make such a long list, I can't possibly get it all done and then I feel like a failure. If I set my sights lower I can succeed.
Have a great Wednesday!