This past weekend I had some unexpected time at home, thanks to an out of town sibling staying a few days with Mama to help out. I used this time to get caught up on some things at home such as decluttering the laundry room. See this post!
I also decided I would cook some foods for the upcoming week. It was nice to have food available for lunches and supper yesterday. I cooked enough food to last several days as follows:
1. A large bowl of homemade chicken salad using Mama's pickles. Yum! This is great for sandwiches for lunch or supper. I cooked some rice in the broth left from boiling the chicken too. Yesterday I had a little bowl of rice and a chicken salad sandwich. My hubby came home and had some for lunch too!
2. Two large pans of lasagna. I put one in the refrigerator for the boys to eat as needed. I froze the second one into individual serving sizes to be eaten later as needed.
3. A meatloaf. This is also great for sandwiches and for meals. All I have to do is make some potatoes and green beans and I've got a great meal.
4. Salad Fixins. I prepped all the veggies and boiled some eggs. I placed everything into small containers and placed in the bottom drawer of the refrigerator. I also purchased croutons, bacon bits and some new salad dressings.
5. I still have some boneless chicken breasts in the fridge to make another special dish later in the week.
Its so nice to have plenty of food already prepared in the fridge for when my guys are ready to eat, but I'm not even home yet!
For more kitchen tips go to Tammy's Recipes!