Friday, June 27, 2008
This is a small excerpt of the devotion I read this morning:
.....everywhere I send you, you shall go, And all that I command you, you shall speak: Jeremiah 1:7
God must be sought and seen in His Providences; it is not our actions in themselves considered which please Him, but the spirit in which they are done....
This challenged me to ask myself: Am I cheerful in doing what I know God wants me to do? Or am I complaining and grumbling? I'm sure God is concerned with what we are doing, but even more with our attitudes in doing his Will!
These are the things I need to be more cheerful in:
5. Being a Caretaker
6. On the job (!)
9. When I don't have time for 1-8 above! LOL
With these things in mind these are some books I got from the library at lunch today:
1. Amy Knapp's Family Organizing Handbook. I scanned a few tips from the book and am already impressed with it. Can't wait to read some more!
2. How to Clean Your Home Fast by Vicki Christian
3. The Best Freezer Cookbook by Jan Main
4. Heloise's Beauty Book
5. Strong Women Stay Slim by Miriam E. Nelson, PHD. This book focuses on strength training. I am doing well with my walking, but need some strength training for my upper body. I have been walking about 2 miles a day, most days. I am doing this for my health, to lose a little weight in my derriere and to have more energy for my hectic life!
6. The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher. This is an older book which I've heard about, but never read. I hope to get really into it for reading while Mama-sitting. LOL.
I've also come to the conclusion that I need to do more housework and cleaning at night than I'm used to doing. I normally am tired when I get home from work and although I'll cook a meal and do a few odds and ends in the house, its not enough for the schedule I'm keeping now.
Last night after I got home at about 7:00, I changed the sheets on one bed, did one load of laundry and cleaned 2 bathrooms. This is going to be such a head start on the weekend! I'm simply going to have to do two or three cleaning chores every night that I'm home, whether I feel like it or not. The secret is not to sit down. Once I stop, this train ain't leavin the station again that day!
Do you ever have the "poor me" syndrome? I do! When I get home from work I say, I'm tired and hungry and then I eat and sit. From now on I'm going to delay the eating and sitting until some chores are done!
Welcome to a new series of posts that I plan to do, called "A Tiny Frugal Tip". They'll be short and sweet, but hopefully you...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...