Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sisters' Shoebox Swap



These are the goodies my sisters' swap partner sent to me! The top picture is the shoebox crammed full, wrapped in tissue paper in my (and her) favorite color, blue. The second picture shows the items spread out on my kitchen table.



This was the first swap I've participated in. My partner was Ms. Ruth. She obviously put lots of time and thought into the goodies she packed for me. We were supposed to pack a shoebox with items that would "refresh". I can tell that Ms. Ruth is special because she has individually wrapped many of the items and placed little notes on many of them too! She has been visiting my blog and knew all about the things I like and she included lots of them! The book in the picture is a cookbook written by quilters. It has quilting tips, sewing projects and lots of great recipes from quilt shop owners and quilters. She gave me a Debbie Mumm magnetic notepad who anybody who quilts knows. There are many "refreshing things and lots of special touches and treasures for me to savor!!!

These are the blogs of the two sisters who sponsored this swap:

Monica: www.thehomespunheart.blogspot.com

Carrie: www.watibg.blogspot.com

Thanks again, Ms. Ruth!

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Debbie, just wanted to tell you much I enjoy and relate to you and your blog. I work part time but homemaking is my biggest joy and my heart is always at home.

*carrie* said...

Debbie,

Thanks for participating in the swap! So glad you had fun and that you like the items Ruth (my mom!) sent.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
How sweet. Please email me your address I have something to send you.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Little Penpen said...

What a great box of goodies! I just signed up for my first swap ever. It sounds like fun!

Mom2fur said...

What a great box! Especially that Raspberry Zinger tea...yummy!

Tracy said...

What a sweet swap! Wasn't this fun ?

Monica Wilkinson said...

That has my Mom's touch all over it! :) So glad you enjoyed it!!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...