I thought I'd just leave this tab for a new post on my blog open, and as a thought comes to me, I'll type it up!
1. I am currently listening to the audio version of "Only Love Today", by Rachel Macy Stafford. I love this book!!! It has been life changing for me. I'm currently on my second time listening to this book. My only problem with it is that I wish I had it when I still had children at home. But the things I am learning are just as important for any loved one in your life, whether its your husband, grown children, grandchildren, co-workers, and even yourself. Listening to the book is so calming and soothing to me.
She has written another book that I haven't read, called "Hands Free Mama", which is probably more well-known. I may just check that one out too, since I feel it would apply to anyone, even if there are no children in the home.
As I've told you in a previous post, I listen to audio books for free with the Overdrive App on my phone. This is done through your library. I usually listen when I'm driving to and from work and other times when I am driving alone. The sound comes through the radio with the blue tooth on the vehicle.
2. I gave up Sirius XM Satellite Radio. I got hooked on it when I had 6 months free with the purchase of my vehicle. They know how to hook you on their product! But, did you know if you call them trying to cancel, they will keep dropping the price until its pretty cheap? The last time I called to cancel mine, the price started at about $125.00 for 6 months, and the person I was talking to came down to about $40.00 for 6 months. Just be sure to call BEFORE your current subscription runs out, or you have to pay for the part of the subscription you have used. They don't send a bill until after the next subscription has started. I decided to go ahead and cancel mine completely though, since I can listen to books and free radio.... well for free! But $40.00 for 6 months isn't bad.
3. When I am trying to eat right, or exercise, it doesn't have to be ALL OR NOTHING! Even doing the right thing health-wise most of the time, is very good! I don't have to never have another Diet Coke! I don't have to never have any real sweets! Its ok occasionally. And that way I don't feel deprived so much. As my husband says in his deep eastern NC Southern drawl, "You don't have to take a bath in it!" If I don't get my steps in every single day, its still ok.
4. Speaking of getting steps in, I am proud to say I usually do get in the recommended 10,000 steps most days. I started out feeling like I would never be able to reach that goal, but now its easy for me to do. I found out that its easy to walk inside. No more using the weather or not having a good place to walk as an excuse. Its not as boring as a treadmill to me. I simply walk back and forth from one point in my house to the other. Listening to something on my phone is very helpful to make the time pass. I also walk on my lunch break inside my office., upstairs where no one is watching. I love listening to instagram stories of certain people while walking, or an audio book. (See number 1 above.) Walking 20 minutes before work, 30 minutes at lunch time at work and 20 minutes or so after work, is usually enough to reach my goal. The other times of walking in the course of the day also add up.
I was given a Fitbit as a birthday gift in 2018 and rarely take it off now. I love it. Even bought my husband one for Christmas and he loves his too. He loves to get more steps than me...
5. As far as eating right, I am fine, until I get through eating what should be enough. That's when I want to just keep eating! Just one handful of nuts. Just a couple of cookies. Just a few chips. And its so hard to not do this! I have found that if I will make myself a cup of coffee, (half caff or full caff if its not too late in the day) and I can get past those end of meal cravings. Or if I can ignore the cravings and get busy doing something else, I can usually get past it. There's no eating for me after I brush and floss at night, so I've avoided many a late night ice cream snack, by not wanting to brush my teeth again.
Well, no pictures today, just words.
To be continued......