Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Speed Cleaning in the Living Room - Days 2 and 3

Items found under the couch!  Traces of Summer and babysitting boys!




I am continuing on with my plan to do a 10 minute speed cleaning session each day "before" work this week.  Yesterday it did NOT happen before work.  However, when I got home I went straight into the living room.  I was really tired, but I figured I could do anything for 10 minutes.  Supper was going to be easy and simple:  Fresh tomatoes from the garden and ham sandwiches! So, I started cleaning at 5:30 and finished at 5:40.  Here's what I did:

I moved the couch and 2 end tables away from the wall.  They sit underneath 2 windows.  I dusted the mini blinds and floor boards with the pink fluffy static duster that I use.  Then I vacuumed the entire area.

I moved the furniture back.  Done in 10 minutes!

Today will be day 3 and I plan to move more furniture, vacuum underneath and dust floor boards.  Not very exciting, but a well spent 10 minutes, I hope!

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Those ten minute blocks are probably the best way to do jobs like that. I did the same thing around my fireplace yesterday. It's so much more manageable that trying to do the whole room at one time.

Billie Jo said...

Yep!
I agree!
I am much more productive when I clean in spurts!!!
Have a cozy day. : )

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...