Monday, March 20, 2017

In The Kitchen With Debbie

What did we ever do before Pinterest?  We used cookbooks and ideas from friends, but looking things up on Pinterest is easier and really fun.

Here are a few St. Patrick's Day Brunch ideas I tried this weekend, even though it was after St. Patrick's Day since I was at work on that day.

Lucky Charms Marshmallow Cake.  Mine was not nearly as pretty as the Pinterest one, but tasted really good!  This is a version of rice krispies treats, using Lucky Charms cereal and a bundt pan.


Green Deviled Eggs.  Turned out really good.  I used my own recipe for the yolks, but used green food coloring for the white part according to the Pinterest recipe.  I think this idea would be good for several different holidays using other colors.  The green ones would also be nice for Easter.


Rainbow fruit tray, complete with clouds (marshmallows) and a pot of gold (Rolos).


We had family over for Sunday brunch and these three foods were accompanied by a breakfast casserole.   I have a wonderful recipe for breakfast casserole that contains frozen hash brown potatoes, eggs, sausage and cheese.  Its very easy to make and its good for making the night before and then you just pop it into the oven the next morning.

Everyone loved our St. Patrick's Day theme brunch!

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Oh how cute! I only 'think' about doing fun theme foods. Yours were so cute and I hope your grands were there to enjoy!!!

Rhonda said...

Looks like fun! Before Pinterest, we had lots of magazine clipping that we couldn't find when we needed them 😂

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Visiting from Rhonda's blog. : )
I love your St. Patrick's Day ideas!
We made the fruit rainbow too.
Have a cozy week.
I will be visiting again soon!

Terri said...

Everything looks fun and delicious! For the life of me, I cannot make deviled eggs so I'm always amazed at how easy they look. lol

Lori in Missouri said...

Debbie, I just found you by way of If You Do Stuff. I'm enjoying reading your archives!
I so often think these same heartfelt thoughts about the oak table we bought 31 years ago and still use. Thank you for describing your sentimental feelings.
I'm looking forward to following you...

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...