Monday, February 27, 2017

Glimpses of Home

Here are a few pictures from the farmhouse recently.

The cut flowers in the vase were picked out and given to me by two of my grandsons for my birthday.  They were so sweet to do that, with the help of their Mama, of course.  It made me want to always have some fresh flowers in the house and now that Spring and Summer are on the way, I hope to do this.  The long stem red rose was given to me at the restaurant where my hubby and I ate Valentine's Dinner.  All of these flowers have lasted a long time.


This plant was given to me by my hubby for Valentine's Day.  He knows I love cut flowers, but that I also really love plants that I can keep.  I love it because it is so colorful.  Its from the Bromeliad family and from what I read about it, will be easy to take care of.


In the sewing room, I have been working on a Double Irish Chain quilt.  These blocks are aqual blue, but  It will end up being made from all kinds of rainbow colors.



I really love Diet Coke, but I've got to start drinking more water.  So I am going to try to give them up.  I rarely drink plain water and some times at the end of the day I realize that all I've drank all day was coffee and Diet Cokes.  I know this is not good for me.  I used to drink lots of sweet tea and couldn't imagine ever giving it up, but I did since I knew how bad the sugar was for me.  I also gave up sweet liquid coffee creamers, which I thought I'd never be able to do.  So, I'm hoping that one day in the future, I'll look back and say that I gave up Diet Cokes, even though I thought I'd never be able to.


I hope your Monday is fantastic!

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Happy Birthday Debbie!! The flowers are beautiful and even more so because they came from the boys!! The plant from hubby is beautiful too. I hope it rewards you often with new blooms. I want to try houseplants again. I've never had a green thumb, but maybe I can get help from google to keep them alive. The quilt is going to be wonderful in all those pretty colors. No sewing going on here... our house is torn apart, as we are having three rooms tiled at one time. We are 'living' in the sewing room. I hear you on the Diet Coke. My thing is Diet Pepsi. I buy bottled water which makes it easier for me to remember to drink it. I try to drink at least two a day. I've lost 11 pounds since January, trying to low carb with hubby. Good to hear from you!!

Rhonda said...

Yiur flowers and quilt are beautiful.
Best wishes on giving up that Diet Coke. I've given up my diet Dr Pepper several times for long periods, but I go back 😱

Meggie said...

I set out (6) 16.9 oz bottles of water for the day (re-filled from the day before)...at the end of the day, it's easy to see if I drank my quota...you can do it too!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...