Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Oh Yeah... laundry detergent for almost two years!

I ventured over to CVS at lunch yesterday to check on the Purex laundry detergent deal I told you about yesterday.

They did have plenty of the 100 load bottles at $5.99.  Here's my cart with my deal.


I used $4.00 in coupons and this also qualifies for a $4.00 cash back through Savings Star!


So the bottom line for these three huge bottles was $9.97.  My estimate is that 300 loads of laundry detergent will last me 1 and 3/4ths years.

The way I find coupons on line is to check the coupon data base at Southern Savers HERE.   The $3.00 coupon is HERE.  The $1.00 coupon is HERE

If you decide to do this deal, don't forget to sign up for the $4.00 cash back deal at Savings Star HERE.  You need to register your CVS card with them and then click on the "I Want This" link underneath the Purex deal.  You have to spend $15.00 on Purex and this is good until December 9th.

I also have to tell you my experience at CVS.  I printed out two $3.00 off 2 coupons and three $1.00 off 1 coupons, just in case I decided to buy more of the detergent.  So I gave the cashier one of the $3.00 coupons and one of the $1.00 coupons.  At least that's what I thought!  Evidently I accidentally gave her two of the $3.00 coupons and one of the $1.00 coupons.  They were stuck together.  She scanned then all and they all worked.  I tried to tell the cashier what happened and that she should void one of the $3.00 coupons, but she insisted that if they scanned it was no problem.

 I am always honest when using coupons and felt bad about it.  Then I remembered all the times when my coupons and deals didn't work when I got to the cash register, when they were supposed to.  Or the cashier didn't scan them right, etc.  This has happened to me a lot!  So I think I was probably owed more than the $3.00 any way. 

After deducting another $3.00 from the total, the cost of the bottles comes down to $6.97.

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Looks like a great deal! Doesn't it just make you feel good to know you have plenty? Smart girl!

~JoAnn~ said...

I use pure also but have over the past few months started using the pod ones. I just can't lift the heavy bottles anymore but it sounds like you got a great deal. Blessings joann

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...