Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Laundry at our house....

Laundry is not such a big deal at our house any more since we have an empty nest and I only do about three to four loads a week. The household hint that says do a load a day doesn't work for me.  That's too much trouble!  Its just easier for me to wait until Saturday morning and do my laundry while I'm doing other things. 



But, I still like to save money where I can, so I buy my laundry detergent and fabric softener sheets on sale and use coupons.  I cut my fabric softener sheets in half and they work just fine that way. 



I spent a little time this week searching Amazon's subscribe and save program to figure out the best deal on laundry detergent, since I am getting a little low.  I was on a mission to find the cheapest "per load" price.  The cheapest I found was 12 1/2 cents per load and figured that was a pretty good price.  But, I wasn't sure, so I didn't place my order. 

I am not brand loyal and our clothes don't get very dirty, so most any brand is fine with me. I can always use a more expensive brand if I have a load of dirtier than usual clothes.



Then I looked through my weekly CVS sales paper and saw that the 100 load bottles of Purex are on sale for $5.99.  I do believe that would be a pretty good deal at 6 cents per load!  A little coupon search yielded $1.00 coupons.  Also on Savingstar there is an e-coupon of $4.00 if you buy $15.00 of Purex.  But, I'd have to buy 3 bottles to get that e-coupon.  Let's see:  300 loads divided by 3 per week would be 100 weeks, which is about 2 years.... hmmm...

The problem would be if CVS has them in stock?  I can get a rain check!

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

I have a basket of laundry to go into the wash this morning and it's not nearly as 'pretty' as your basket of laundry. We buy the giant plastic bucket of powder laundry detergent from Costco and it lasts forever!!!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...