Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Updates from the farmhouse

Grandson #4 arrived on July 12, 2014!

That's my hubby's arm in the picture.  I recognize the NC State watch!
Grandson #5 will arrive in about a month.

Here are a few summer pictures:





I hope you are having a great summer.  We have had so much going on, with a wedding, a wedding shower, a baby shower and two new babies on the way, along with the normal summer activities! 

Some homemaking activities have also been going on.  I have been freezing tomatoes and peas in small batches.  A little here and there will come in handy for making vegetable soup this fall and winter.

I've been doing some yard work recently, including planting some zinnia seeds in pots.  If they come up, I can transplant them all over the yard.  Zinnias are very easily transplanted.  Just scoop up the baby zinnia with a spoon and carry it over to where you want it to grow.  It will never know it has been moved.  We've had a few "cooler than normal" days lately, so its been nice to get outside a little bit.

Well,there's just a little look into what's been going on around here.  Have a great day!

5 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations to you and your family on the arrival of Grandson #4! How exciting... welcome to the world, little one!

Love your photos... esp the butterfly on the lantana! Definitely says SUMMER to me!

Terri said...

Congratulations on your new grandson, Debbie! Babies are exciting news. :-)

Auntie M said...

I am so glad for your blog entry today! You have been busy, but you were missed. We will be happy to see this new grandchild as well as the one due in August.

And, as usual, you are putting away veggies for winter! Good planning!

Little Penpen said...

Congrats! on another beautiful addition to your family. I've missed you, too. The Christmas quilt is gorgeous. (ps,I didn't know that about the zinnias, but I will try to remember it)

Meggie said...

Some how I missed this post. Congratulations on the new grandbaby. I love the photo with the butterfly and lantana. Don't you just love lantana? I planted two at my new place, The Cottage. Thanks you so much for your continued support of my blog and all the lovely comments.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...