Sunday, April 28, 2013

"No Cost" and Fun Activities With Kids

My grandson enjoyed his Easter Treasure Hunt so much, we decided to do it again.  I wish I had thought of doing them with my children when they were small, but it never occurred to me and I guess they just weren't into pirates and such.  Its a NO COST activity. 

All you need is some kind of a box that you fill with things you find around your house. Things in the box this time were a few small toys, a small battery operated clock that no longer works, a freebie key chain, some fake blue jewels, a freebie pen and pad of paper, etc.  You can find "treasures" around the house or you can go all out and buy some things you know your child likes.  You can be on the look out for things to go in a future treasure box.  One idea is to eat a Kids Meal for your lunch and save the toy for the treasure box.


Draw a simple map with a starting point, and lines going all over your yard stopping at different things.  On the above map there are stopping points like:  clothesline, barn, fence, field, big trees, shade garden, and finally the treasure.


Kids love hide and seek and Easter egg hunts, so treasure hunts are right up their alley!



I wrapped the box in a towel and placed it on the bench.  You should have seen the big smile when he spotted it!


A home made treasure hunt is a frugal and fun thing to do with your little one.

3 comments:

Impera Magna said...

What a great idea! My grandkids love playing in my jungle of a backyard and a treasure hunt would be so much fun... your grandson certainly seems to enjoy it!

Lena said...

Looks like he had a lot of fun! My 6-year old loves making US hunt for treasures :) He creates maps and hides things himself :)

Meggie said...

What an adorable idea....

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...