Monday, February 18, 2013

A Heart Strings Post

The nursing home where Mama was a resident has an annual remembrance service for all the residents who died during the previous year. Yesterday we had the privilege of attending this sweet service.

As each deceased person's name was called, their family was presented with a small gift:
 

After some music, words of comfort and refreshments, there was a memory balloon release. 







This is the Arican Violet that was in Mama's room that she loved.  Purple was her favorite color.  It now sits in my kitchen window and is blooming again.


Love u Mama!

6 comments:

Little Penpen said...

So precious! Our nursing home doesn't do anything like that, but I may just have to suggest it. So sweet!

Susannah said...

Sounds like a wonderful service, Debbie. I know you miss your Mom and I understand.

Auntie M said...

What a precious occasion. I know that your heart was warmed as the balloons ascended.

The violet is lovely.

Denise said...

Beautiful way to remember your sweet Mom.

ancient one said...

Lovely service!!

Susan said...

What a great idea and a beautiful ornament! The violet is also a wonderful reminder of your mother. My grandmother loved them too and had a window full of them. Every time I see one I'm reminded of her!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...