Friday, March 2, 2012

On My Sewing Table Friday


I was so tired of my "big black pocketbook" that I had been using all Fall and Winter and inspiration hit late one night this week. This is the outcome. I pulled some fabrics from different places to put it together and really like it.

One thing about it, there's no question its a Spring bag!



My daughter gave me this little zipper bag/wristlet for my birthday last month and it, along with my new Spring pocketbook, are making my pocketbook experience so much more enjoyable.



For those of you who don't read my quilting blog, here is a picture of my most recent quilt finish:


"Jacob's Dream"



I am so glad its Friday! I have lots of sewing planned for the weekend.

10 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That is cute! Good job.

I've just been thinking that I need to make myself a new purse too. I need something with a zipper on top!

Susannah said...

OH, that is a great bag! I love the colors. Sweet gift from your daughter. Stunning quilt. I will skip over to your other blog.

Susannah

Candace said...

Nice bag, I'm sure that you'll enjoy using it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I love your new purse. It is beautiful. The colors are so you.
Have a wonderful week end.
Elizabeth

RaNae @EweCreekCottage said...

Hi Debbie that is adorable U should make some for your etsy shoppe.
RaNae

Debby said...

What a cute bag, I love the fabric for the lining as well, the quilt is amazing!!

~JoAnn~ said...

Debbie~ Love your new pocket book, I cut out a new one for myself the middle of February a spring one and so far have yet to do any putting together :) I seem to get sidetracked alot!! I am still using my winter one with snowmen on it :) Hoping to get the new one made soon, you gave me new inspiration to get mine done. Thanks,Blessings,Joann

L said...

So glad that you made yourself something pretty. I hope you had a lovely weekend of sewing.

Amanda Jean said...

what a fun bag! springy indeed! it's so fun to have a new purse for a new season, isn't it?

Alexandra said...

Very nice!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...