Friday, March 16, 2012
Homemaking ... the little things
Do you place your toilet paper on the thing "just so", so that it rolls off from over the roll, or from under the roll? Do you care one way or another, or does your family care?
At my house, no one cares!
I think that the little things in homemaking are important, but the little things shouldn't revolve around things that don't really matter in the long run. Who cares how the toilet paper rolls off the roller?
In a few years, if you look back, what will you remember?
Here are just few small things that do matter. I'm sure you could think of lots more.
1. Everyone needs clean underwear at all times...
2. If you get it out, put it away!
3. Be as polite to your family members as you would to a stranger or your minister.
4. Overlook those things that you yourself have been guilty of...
5. Be ready to forgive
6. Keep a cleaning schedule, but don't obsess over it. Some things really do need to be kept clean but if "it ain't dirty", don't clean it.
7. Every family member deserves their favorite meal occasionally.
8. Figure out what you can do to reduce the stress at your house and then do it. Maybe you should get up earlier so that you get where you are going on time.
9. Make a regular habit of decluttering and bring less clutter into the house to begin with.
10. Its nice to greet family members when they first come home and spend a little time with them, no matter what you are doing.
11. Buy as many healthy foods as you can.
12. Take care of the most important things and then if there's time you can do some of the less important things.
Ok, back to the toilet paper question. If its important to someone in your house that toilet paper roll a certain way, then put it on there that way! That's one small way to show you care.
Have a wonderful day of homemaking!
My Quilting blog: AngelScraps Quilting
My Etsy Shop: Homemaking Dreams Etsy Shop
Its a rainy Sunday afternoon and I am crocheting some baby hats. Grandbaby number 7 is due on July 4, 2018, and the gender reveal party is t...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...