Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Slice of My Life - Spring, 2011

Wow! The year is going by fast as its already the end of March!

Here's what's going on in my life lately and a few pictures from some older posts:




1. Since tomorrow is April 1st, I'd better get busy doing our taxes! I have definitely procrastinated this year. Most of the paperwork needed to prepare our taxes are in a file. AARGH! This weekend I will have to share my sewing time with tax preparation time!

2. Grocery Shopping and Couponing: My hubby has been doing most of the grocery shopping and yes, he coupons! He loves to go through the sales paper and coupon organizer in an effort to save money. I will resume this responsibility at some point, but we often switch roles on this.

3. Menu Planning: Hubby has been doing this too! It should be noted that when my hubby plans menus, the meals are very simple, but good. For example, this week we had banana sandwiches one night. We love them and they are good for you. You can't go wrong with good, healthy and fast!

4. We've come to the end of our first year since moving into the farmhouse!




5. We are really looking forward to growing our little kitchen garden this year. We had almost 2 inches of rain yesterday and its been chilly and cloudy most of the week. Just another couple of weeks and the garden will be a very busy place.

6. Christmas 2011: I am so excited that I have been making some handmade gifts early this year. Every year I want to give some handmade gifts, but I have never been able to get them done, due to waiting too late in the year to start. This year I will have some things done early!

7. Mama turned 86 yesterday! She is hanging in there health wise. There has been no major crises lately, such as falling. Our family took her out to eat Sunday for her birthday and she enjoyed that alot.

8. My grandson is 3 1/2 now and going to preschool. He is learning so many things and is a smart little guy!

9. My son will be 24 Sunday. He has grown into a man that I am so proud of and love so much! Its hard to believe my youngest child is that old, but imagine how my mother feels. I am her youngest child and I am 53! Her oldest child is 64!






10. I'm still working at my job, but retirement is often on my mind. It'll be a few more years, but its nice to make plans.

Speaking of work, I gotta run!

Have a nice last day of March!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Lovely post today, as my children have gotten older time seems to have speeded up.

I think that you are on the right track for Christmas gifts, I should get busy if I plan to give homemade ones!

Have a great day.

Impera Magna said...

Oh, I love all the photos... isn't it amazing how our little ones grow up? My baby is 35 and her older brother is 37... I'm not in the least bit upset about turning 60 this year but I think it's going to be a challenge when my son turns 40!

Happy gardening!

Auntie M said...

Loved the review of your plans as well as recent actions. The pictures are neat, as well. You are so very organized.

Is the first photo of a bunny in your own yard and maybe in Hubby's hand?

the week rolls on.

Little Penpen said...

I love this post! Happy Birthday to your son. My daughter turns 24 today!! A very special happy birthday to your mom! Congrats! on your first year in your home... hasn't it been great? And I LOVE banana sandwiches... have one almost everyday! :o)

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...