Saturday, March 12, 2011

Can't Miss Food Lion Deals


If you need groceries, this is a good week to go to Food Lion. Food Lion NEVER doubles coupons, but occasionally they have some really good deals going on. So, I have to take what I can get since none of the grocery stores near me offer double coupons like some you lucky ducks have access to.

HERE is a link to Southern Savers that explains the deals better than I can, but I will tell you what I think are a few unbeatable deals.

Food Lion has two deals going on right now. One is called The Big Deal, that rewards you with instant savings depending on how many "Big Deal" items you buy. The other is the Private Brand Sale which rewards you with a coupon for your next order based on how many Food Lion or Home 360 brands items you buy.

My grocery shopping trip today earned me a coupon for $1.75 on my next order and I also earned $5.00 instant savings.

Scan your MVP card at the front of the store and a list of the Big Deal items will print out, or at least it did for me.

The "Big Deal" items I bought were: 2 cans of Bush's Grillin Beans, 1 jar of Mt. Olive Kosher Dill Spears, 4 jars of Ragu Pasta Sauce, 2 containers of Maxwell house Lite Coffee (used $1.00 off coupon) and 1 bag of Tostitos Tortilla Chips. Ten items equals $5.00 in instant savings. You can buy up to 30 products and receive $15.00 off instantly, as long as its all in one transaction.

The Private Brand Items I purchased were 6 cans of Food Lion Pinto Beans and 1 jar of Food Lion Salsa. 7 items earned me the $1.75 coupon on my next order.



A sale item that has nothing to do with the other two deals going on and one of the best deals I see this week are Hefty One Zip freezer Bags for $1.00 each. I had a $1.00 off two coupon and at my store all of the boxes had a 15 cent peelie. I used my coupon on 2 boxes and the peelies on two boxes. A box of freezer bags for 50 or 85 cents in my book is pretty good. I am planning ahead for summer time when I plan to freeze some vegetables and I always need these to freeze meats purchased on sale and/or marked down.

Since I don't want to cancel out any savings by using unneccesary gas and I will be passing right by Food Lion tomorrow after church, I plan to stop and pick up a couple more of these. If I apply the $1.75 coupon I earned today towards 2 boxes I will get them for free!

Another good deal is Food Lion Peanut Butter at 3 for $5.00. If I buy 6 of these for my church's food pantry, I will receive a $1.50 coupon on my next order. I would imagine that peanut butter is a great food pantry item since it doesn't need refrigeration and can be eaten with crackers, another good food pantry staple.

3 comments:

L said...

You bought some excellent deals - wow, that's a great price on the freezer bags, cheapest I usually get them for is around $1.50 or higher (with coupons).

Peanut butter is a great item for food pantries. Our local food pantry distribution center often does drives just for peanut butter. I'm sure that will be a big help to some folks.

Granny said...

We do't have a Food Lion here. Those sound like great buys, especially the freezer bags. I can never find them for less than $1.50 a box. I buy jars of peanut butter for our food pantry at church. Families with kids are always requesting peanut butter.

Rita said...

Debbie
I started an african violet leaf about 2 months ago. It looks healthy and I've kept it moist. Nothing is happening. What do you think?
Thank you
Rita

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...