English Muffin Pizzas
My best calculations of these are that they have about 100 calories each. I made my own pizza sauce using a small can of tomato sauce and spices. I added 2 small pepperonis and a small amount of cheese on each one. I guess most of the fat and calories in regular pizza is in the crust, so using the English muffins helps with that. They are also easy and fast to put together.
Other things we have been eating are smaller portions of:
1. Meatloaf made with extra lean ground beef
2. Chili beans, made with a small amount of extra lean ground beef
3. Oven BBQed chicken
4. Fruit and veggie salads
5. Eating cereal for supper
6. Light popcorn
7. Healthy Choice frozen dinners
8. Fruit with Cottage Cheese
9. Plenty of fresh, frozen and canned fruits and vegetables
10. Light, whole grain bread
11. Baked potatoes with fat free sour cream or ranch dressing
I am trying to take as many of the calories out of our favorite meals as possible. I think some vegetarian lasagna would be good, but maybe just a small amount of extra lean ground beef would be ok too.
Of course, even if we eat a regular food, reducing portion sizes makes a big difference!