Thursday, December 23, 2010
Being Consistent in 2011
Happy week before Christmas, 2010!
Everyone is busy getting ready for Christmas and the blog world is very quiet right now. But, here's a little bit of what's going on this week on the home front here. I hope to post more detail on my 2011 projects next week.
1. My theme for 2011 is to be consistent! Small steps consistently made will achieve great results. Whether this is applied to cleaning house, Bible study, sewing, couponing, menu planning, gardening or what ever it is you want to make progress toward.
2. I am continuing to organize my coupons as I described in my previous post. Since I have a box full of coupon inserts, I need to find the most recent ones, write the date on the front and file them in the accordion file. I am excited to consistently use coupons in 2011.
3. I have made some headway with organizing my favorite recipes into a binder. I threw away a HUGE stack of recipes printed out from the internet. It was a relief to let them go, keeping the ones I know I will use. I plan to have the binder ready to go by January 1st, 2011, complete with a list of menus, main dishes, side dishes and a grocery shopping list. I feel this will help me tremendously to plan menus, make grocery lists, etc. I want to post more detail next week.
4. I have been consistently earning Swagbucks every day. I've already earned a $5.00 Amazon gift card for Christmas, 2011, and am well on the way to a second one! If you are so inclined, please click HERE TO SIGN UP. Or come back later and click on the Swagbucks picture on my sidebar and sign up through there. This would give me a referral. Once you sign up, start searching using the Swagbucks search engine. When you win bucks, I would win bucks, up to 100. Thanks!
I am even more sure now that you only need to use the Swagbucks search engine about 3 times a day. First thing in the morning, in the afternoon and at night. You will only win swagbucks about that many times a day. Just be CONSISTENT! You will be amazed at what you will have at the end of 2011. I will keep a running total on my side bar in 2011 of how many $5.00 Amazon gift cards I have accumulated.
5. Are you feeling stressed out right about now? Remember: Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7. My theme for 2010 was Trust.... need more of that in 2011 too!
6. Our weather forecast includes a possible white Christmas. This is a very rare occurrence here. We get snow, but not on Christmas. I'll keep you posted!
Have a very Merry Christmas and after the festivities are over, we will move forward into 2011 with a new purpose! Do any of you have an area you want to become more organized in for the new year? Lets make small steps over time CONSISTENTLY to achieve our goals. I would like to be able to say that I continued with my goals all year, and not just until the end of January, 2011.
I am so thankful for God's Mercy!!! I can never, ever, be good enough, but with His Mercy, I am made whole. Matthew 5:7 - "Bless...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...