Thursday, September 2, 2010
My Sewing To Do List for Fall
I'm tingling with joy that September is here and the cooler weather sewing season along with it! These are a few of the things I would like to work on:
1. Continue hand quilting Grandma's vintage quilt top. This will be an on-going project. I love how the Baptist Fans are looking.
2. Make pajamas for my grandson. I will use fabric I have on hand for the trial pair. If they turn out right and fit well, I will make more. I already bought a pattern and took his measurements, but HERE is a tutorial for making them using a pattern you make yourself. I haven't always gotten good results from store bought patterns, so if my first pair doesn't work, I may try making my own pattern.
3. Quilt and bind my Summer nine patch challenge quilt top.
4. Quilt and bind my Little Boy Blue II Quilt top.
5. Continue working on my red and white Double Nine Patch Irish Chain Quilt.
6. Continue working on my blue and beige Single Nine Patch Irish Chain Quilt.
7. Make a decision as to what to do about the wedding quilt I "sort of" started earlier this year. The couple will be married 1 year in January. The problem is that I really don't like the way it is turning out. Its just not "right". Do you ever feel that way? I will continue working on it, but it may not end up as a gift for this couple. I want the quilt to be very special, so we will see what happens with this.
8. Make the other Camo Pillow case for my son.
9. Make Christmas gifts.
10. Make a quilted table runner. What would be nice is to make it reversible. One side could be Fall/Thanksgiving and the other side could be for Christmas! What a great idea, if I do say so myself. ..... now if I could only find time to do it!
11. Work on cleaning and restoring the antique sewing machine. This will have to wait until the weather gets cooler, since I will be working on it initially in an outside building. Even though September is here, tomorrow our forecast is 100 degrees! Yikes.
Now, before you decide that I'm some kind of superwoman, let me say that most of this will not get done this Fall. Its just a wish list..... and I don't HAVE to do any of it. I'm taking the pressure off myself here and now. I will only do these things if I am enjoying it. No stress.
Welcome to a new series of posts that I plan to do, called "A Tiny Frugal Tip". They'll be short and sweet, but hopefully you...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...