Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cake Decorating

I've always wanted to be able to decorate beautiful cakes, but was never very good at it! These are a few feeble attempts I found in my picture files:









I had been eyeing this basic cake decorating dvd for a while and caught it on sale last weekend, so I bought it!

Then I went to Walmart and bought a few supplies:



I still need to purchase a cake spatula and a couple more couplers, which I hope to get today.

There are three birthdays in my family in June, one this weekend. I will be decorating my first cake from the lessons learned in the dvd this Saturday. So, you know you are going to be put through seeing my feeble attempts at "real" cake decorating soon. Hey, this is whole new category under labels on the side bar.

Thanks for putting up with me!

7 comments:

Terri said...

I am HORRID at cake decorating! I have the fancy equipment but let's just say that you need the proper equipment in the RIGHT hands. LOL

Kathi said...

I am so much like you. I have wished I could make a pretty cake. I should get that video. I can't wait to see what yours look like. I think the heart shaped one is pretty. Kathi

Keeper of the Home said...

I have a cake decorating kit myself. It has all the pretty pastry bag tips and the like. But you know what? I don't have a clue what to do with it. *grin* I have tried before but it was so-so. Maybe I'll check into that video myself. I'd love to hear your review on it.

Happy Decorating!

~Warm Cozy Wishes

Heather said...

ooh i can't wait to see your cakes this month! i am horrible at decorating cakes myself. i try, i really do, but they are boring because i just don't have that talent!

Little Penpen said...

I'm impressed! Can't wait to see your cakes. I've always wanted to take a class but am chicken to go by myself. They offer one at the Hobby Lobby in Asheboro.... now, how far do you live from me? :o) We could go together.

Anonymous said...

I bought a round pedestal cake platter at goodwill the other day and was thinking how nice it would be to make a pretty cake to serve on it!

Let's just say my cake decorating skills are lacking (big time)!

I'm anxious to see how your birthday cakes turn out!

Melinda

Susan said...

Can't wait to see them! Beth and I took the first 2 Wilton courses at Michaels. I'm still not good at it, but I love to play around with it. Be sure you share your pictures with us!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...