Thursday, May 21, 2009

Simple Breakfast to Go

I wanted my son to have something hot to eat for breakfast, even though he is leaving early and always in a hurry. So, his breakfast has to be easy and fast to make and easy for him to grab and eat on the way.

So this is what I came up with. A scrambled egg burrito. It only takes a couple of minutes to make and the clean up is minimal.

I use a small non-stick frying pan with just a little oil and two eggs.



I lay a flour tortilla on top of a square of aluminum foil. Then I put the scrambled egg on the tortilla and sprinkle on some cheese.



Fold the tortilla and hold it with a toothpick.



Finish by folding the aluminum foil around the burrito.



Add a cup of orange juice or milk and you've got a decent breakfast for a guy in a hurry! Much better than starting a 12 hour work day on an empty stomach.

I could add things like salsa, onions, peppers, etc., but that would defeat the purpose of making something simple and fast. The non-stick frying pan makes clean up easy and fast too.

5 comments:

Terri said...

I've made these before, Debbie and they are delicious!

Pen Pen said...

Yummy! What a good mother you are! I LOVE the breakfast burrito from McDonald's... can't believe I've never made them at home.

DarcyLee said...

What a good mom you are and that burrito really looks good.

Judy said...

I just found your blog, and I'm loving it! Here's my tip for your burritos--chop your onion, pepper, mushrooms or whatever you may want for your burritos into small pieces and store them in your freezer in a zip bag or resealable container. Then when you are starting to make your burrito, put a few bits in the pan. They don't really need to cook just thaw a bit, add your eggs and you've just added a veg serving to the day.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea, Debbie.

Might even be good for us who have extra time! Sounds very good.

Love you,
Marjorie

Pockets of Time

Good Monday morning to you! I've been really busy lately, but I am trying to manage my time better in order to get more things done...