Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Late Spring

Good morning everyone!

With Memorial Day behind us, I guess Summer's "unofficially" here. My calendar says Summer doesn't start until June 21st..... hmmmm. We can wear our white shoes now. Do any of you still go by that rule?

I had a great three day weekend and REALLY don't want to go to work this morning. Oh well, I am so thankful to have a job and I really don't dislike my job, I just LIKE being home better. :o)

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Grandma's little helper!



These are "ditch bank" daylillies. I like the way they peek around this corner every year. The place they are planted in is partly shady so they stretch their necks around the corner of the house to see the sun. I call them ditch bank daylillies because that's where I got them. They grow up and down the highways in rural areas. When the highway workers clean ditches or mow the roadside, they drag the flowers along and spread them everywhere.



The plants in the raised bed are growing by leaps and bounds. In the back is a new project my husband is undertaking called "straw Bale Farming". You soak the straw bales with water for a period of time before planting and that's the stage he is working on right now. I will post more about this later. This is a good project for those who don't have a lot of garden space.



The radishes have grown so fast that we can't eat them all! Good thing we didn't plant too many. Aren't these beautiful? I wish I liked them.... :o)



Well, I'm off to get ready for work! Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Your garden looks beautiful, Debbie! My plants are just starting to come up.

Heather said...

the garden looks great and so do the flowers :)
Have a good Monday!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...