Monday, March 9, 2009

Watermelon Heaven

I posted this on Monday, but be sure to check Leslie's blog for"Watcha Working On Wednesday" projects by other ladies.

*********************************

Its a long time until Summer. Gosh, Spring is still a week and a half away! But you'd never know it by looking in my sewing room this week.

I completed the Watermelon Wall Hanging that I posted progress on last week. I was going to use a dowel rod to hang it with, but thought this cafe curtain rod gives it a little extra touch. I can now move this item which is on my 2009 sewing to do list to the "COMPLETED" section!



.... Watermelon fabric reversible bib apron. I found some watermelon buttons that I think added a little extra touch to the upper pocket.





.......Watermelon fabric clothespin bag, with watermelon button.





....... Watermelon fabric pocketbook. I had just a few little pieces of the watermelon fabric leftover, enough to make a small pocketbook. I think the green polka dotted fabric goes well with it. It is also lined with it.



I think I have just enough of the watermelon fabric to make one more small pocketbook. Maybe I'll do that soon.

14 comments:

ancient one said...

And everything you made is so cute... Good job, Debbie!

Keeper of the Home said...

All of your projects are just lovely.

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable, Debbie. You have been working hard on these items. In seeing them I wish the weather here was warmer, we had some rain/snow mix today. Where oh where is spring? :)

Heather said...

very cute watermelon crafts! i love the purse!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
How beautiful.Thank you the sisterhood award. I have started a new blog. When you have time drop by and visit.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Terri said...

I love them all, but the apron is especially cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
Cute, cute, cute! You have been busy.
Since my flurry of sewing for next Christmas I've come to a stand still.
Keep up the good job of completing items from your to do list.

Coleen

Anonymous said...

You are good and fast! Each item is so cute.

marjorie

Mandy said...

Those are all so great! What talent you have!

Blessings,
Mandy

Wendi said...

Adorable items. I am really longing for summer now!

Leslie said...

Ohhhh...that makes me think of summer! Everything is very nice and perfect for summer :) Good job!

Leslie

Alexandra said...

Pretty! I love the watermelon fabric.

Little Penpen said...

I love all the watermelons! Your wall hanging turned out really nice. You are such a busy girl!

P. said...

It's everything so beautiful.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...