I haven't done a Frugal Friday Post lately, but have been thinking about doing this particular post for a while.
These are a few of the financial lessons I learned in 2008:
1. Pride goes before a fall. I was so PROUD of having paid off our van! Two short months later it was totaled!
2. When said "paid off" vehicle is totalled and you have to find transportation within a week's time, buy a good, used, dependable car. Even though I jokingly call my car "The Old Lady Car", it was probably the best financial decision we've ever made. Its a 2001 Buick LeSabre, about which the very experienced mechanic who services our vehicles says, "If you keep that car serviced, it will last a long, long time". No monthly payments, its good on gas, rides like a dream. Thank you Lord!
3. Let go, and Let God: I often try to be frugal in my own power. When looking back at 2008 and the years before that, God has taken care of us abundantly. He probably thinks I'm silly when I obsess over the tiniest frugal things, when He can bless me more abundantly than I ever dreamed in the blink of an eye!
4. Keep up the hard work: I think that we DO need to be a good steward of our blessings and be as frugal as possible, without being stingy. This is not a "on again, off again" process. Its a day to day journey. There will be days when time and situations will win out over being frugal. That's ok, just keep going. There's always another day.
5. Accept the fact that some things are just not ready to happen, or may never happen. Examples: Etsy Shop and Ebay. Sometimes hard work just won't make something work. Its just not time or may not be the Lord's will at all.
6. Cheapest isn't always the best buy. Example: A beautiful top that costs twice as much as I felt comfortable paying, but I've already worn it for two years and counting. One nice, quality item is worth several cheaper, poor quality items. Hmmm, I think I'll go shopping! :o)
7. Do the best you can and God will do the rest!
Visit Biblical Womanhood for more Frugal Friday Tips!
I've been wanting the new Trim Healthy Table cookbook and was getting ready to order it for myself on Amazon for Christmas. I was ha...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
My pallet flag is hanging out waiting for summer! I actually love winter, except for the short daylight hours. One thing I love makin...