Its a little early to be making New Year's resolutions, but I've been thinking about them anyway.
One of my hopes for 2009 is to finish all of my UFOs (Unfinished Objects) and WIPS (Works in Progress). Here's a list:
1. Spiderman Quilt for my grandson. His Dad is a big Spiderman fan and I purchased Spiderman fabric before my grandson was born. I also found a cute quilt pattern to use. I never got past that point and have even used some of the matching fabric in other projects. I'd like to finish the quilt and give it to my grandson for his 2nd birthday or next Christmas. I probably need to make it a little larger than previously planned since the baby is growing so fast.
2. NC State Quilt for my stepson. I posted about the progress of this quilt quite a long time ago HERE and haven't worked on it since. It wasn't turning turn out quite like I wanted, but I think it will be a nice quilt anyway. Yikes! When I read the post I realized its been a year and 4 months since I worked on this quilt.
3. John Deere quilt my mother started. Yes, I'm even taking in orphan UFOs. My mother started a John Deere quilt for one of her Great Grandsons a few years ago. This great grandson is now about 6 feet tall, but nonetheless, I want to finish it for her. I think it will be special to him to know his Great Grandma wanted to make it for him and his Great Aunt finished it.
4. Leaders and Enders Baby Girl's quilt. I have made a lot of progress on this. I had a stack of pink strips by my sewing machine and would stick a set under the presser foot at the beginning and end of a seam when sewing other items. Its an easy way to do two projects at one time. Most of the babies in my immediate family have been boys lately, but I'm sure a girl quilt will come in handy sooner or later. My cousin recently had twin girls, but I would have needed two and this one wasn't finished anyway.
5. Cozy Cabins Quilt: I haven't actually started this one yet, but have purchased some of the fabric and it is in the planning stages. I would like to start making some of the squares as soon as Christmas is over.
6. Valentines/Hearts pocketbook. I have all the fabric and notions for this and will make it after the first of the year.
5. Lots of Ideas. I've got plans of all kinds in my head to use fabric I already have in my stash. Some of them will require me to purchase matching fabric. I want to make quilts, aprons, clothespin bags, pocketbooks and several other new projects I've seen on line.
I'm wondering if anybody else has any UFOs or WIPs they want to finish in 2009? I'd love to hear about them.