Friday, September 26, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday - Choo Choo Train Baby Quilt



This is a little boy's baby quilt I have been working on this month. I did most of it Labor Day Weekend and finished it up last night. My nephew and his wife are expecting a new baby boy December 1st and my sister and I are hosting a baby shower for them tomorrow.

On this close up of the fabric you can see that the train fabric has little touches of the matching fabric. There are red bandanna, red and white dotted and black and white checked designs and I was able to find the exact matching fabrics in those three designs. The back of the quilt is red with tiny white dots just like the one used on the front.



I was looking for a simple pattern that wouldn't require a complicated pattern because I was really short of time. I got the idea for my choo choo train quilt from the Sew Chic Blog. Click Here for a picture. I really love the colors Jessica used in her quilt!

Please go to the Waiting For Him Blog to see other Sew Crafty Friday posts.

14 comments:

Terri said...

Debbie, it's beautiful! You did such a wonderful job on this and I love all the different colors in it.

ancient one said...

Baby Quilts are so special. I'm sure he will love his choo-choo train quilt when he gets older. Great Job!

Little Penpen said...

I love the quilt... the baby and his mommy will love it!

Anonymous said...

Debbie, you did a beautiful job. I'm glad you've been able to do a bit more of sewing which you enjoy so much.

You are so talented!

Jessica said...

Debbie, I do love the quilt! Isn't the pattern so fun and easy? I'm glad my quilt inspired you.

I also like how you quilted it on the diagonal. That looks really good with that pattern.

Anonymous said...

Debbie, it is a distinctively beau-tiful quilt. His parents and later he will truly enjoy this gift of such love that you have prepared for them. You are talented and tenacious. congrats on a job well done.

I also enjoyed seeing your grandmother's embroidery and crocheting. "Needling" really runs in your family! Love, Marjorie

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my gosh, toooooo cute! I love it!
Hey, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you did SCF, too! And I'm glad you liked my little projects. I felt like doing something I could finish in one day. You know, just plain sewing without buttons or trims using what I have on hand. That's always the best way!

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
The quilt is really cute, I love your choice of fabrics. What size are the blocks?

Coleen

Debbie J said...

Hi Colleen! Each finished block is 6 inches square. The squares before sewing together were 6 1/2 inches.

Elizabethd said...

That is such an attractive quilt. Isnt it lovely to think that quilts that we make today will be family heirlooms one day.

Rhonda said...

Debbie, this is such a cute quilt. I love red, white and blue things.

tucherrr said...

could you possibly tell me the maker and name of the train fabric?

tucherrr said...

i would love if you could tell me the maker and name of the train fabric thank you!

Debbie J said...

Tucherr, I bought the fabric at Walmart, but I don't have any more information on it. They may still carry it. Thanks.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...