My thoughts and prayers are with those in the area where Hurricane Ike hit today. I am so thankful there wasn't too much loss of life, but sorry that the residents are going to have to go through so much to get back to normal.
I'm extremely thankful that we don't have to deal with the aftermath of a hurricane here in my home today! We still have a little debris left from Tropical Storm Hanna, but that's nothing compared to the damage Ike caused.
This week has been an unproductive one in regards to my Fall cleaning, but that's ok too. We got Mama's pacemaker surgery behind us and she seems to be doing well. I have been sick with a nasty head cold and haven't been able to do much except go to work. Out of town siblings have been taking care of Mama since her surgery, but my turn is tonight. We plan to go to church in the morning and then to eat out with extended family afterwards. Sounds like a little much to me for an 83 year old who just had a pacemaker put in, but Mama says she can and wants to do it. We'll see how this goes.
Today I got the weekly grocery shopping done at our local Food Lion. There are some really good deals there this week, especially if you combine them with coupons. These are some good deals I bought:
1. 3 twelve packs of Scott Extra Soft Tissue on sale for $4.99. I had one 75 cents coupon and 2 50 cents coupons. This is the absolute cheapest I've seen this product in a while. I may go back to get 2 more packs and will not need TP for a long time! LOL
2. 2 Purex Laundry Detergents. Buy One, Get one Free. This worked out to be $2.35 each and I had a 50 cent coupon for each for a total of $1.85 each.
3. Ken's 16 ounce dressings on sale, buy one, get one free. I had coupons for $1.00 off 2. I bought four bottles which ended up being 99.5 cents each.
4. 2 packages Ball Park Fat Free Beef Franks. Buy one, get one free. I had a coupon for $1.00 of two. Each pack ended up costing $1.42.
5. Sara Lee Whole Wheat White Soft Bread. Buy one, get one free. At Food Lion if you buy one item that is BOGO, you get it for half price. I just bought one for $1.30.
I haven't done ANY of my Fall Kitchen Fall Cleaning planned for this week. Therefore, I will pick myself up and start over this week. So, this afternoon I started on one end of the "u" shape of my kitchen and accomplished just enough to inspire me to continue on this week.
This week's TIME MANAGEMENT LESSON is "Just Do Something". When I feel overwhelmed, am tired or just don't feel good, I've found that if I get up and go in there and just do something, it helps me to get going. I have to make myself sometimes, but it does work!
I've been wanting the new Trim Healthy Table cookbook and was getting ready to order it for myself on Amazon for Christmas. I was ha...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
My pallet flag is hanging out waiting for summer! I actually love winter, except for the short daylight hours. One thing I love makin...