Its finally here! My sweet grandbaby says Happy Fall to everyone!
I was also tagged by the sweet Melinda of The Nest Egg to list six things about myself that you might not already know:
1. I may have alluded to this before, but its become more of a problem since I had the wreck this summer! I'm afraid of being in an automobile. Well not just being in an automobile, but one that's going down a street, road or highway. I do pretty good driving on familiar roads, but will not drive in the "big city". I don't know what I'm going to do about this, because the time will come when I HAVE to in order to get to a hospital or other emergency, etc. I have the sweetest hubby who drives me to these places now. I think I need to have him take me for driving lessons so I can get used to those big old highways. Today at lunch I went down the street my accident happened on and I'm still feeling shaky! LOL I may need to have some counseling on this issue....
2. I love music. I only took two years of piano lessons when I was 8 and 9 years old, but this gave me just enough information that I can sit down to the piano and play "easy" music. As in real easy! I bought some teach yourself to play the piano books and progressed a little. The piano in my house is in my sewing room and it actually belongs to my daughter, who took piano for 5 years. She will be getting the piano when we are able to get it moved to her home. So, no more piano for me. I love to hear my daughter play a piece called "Hymn". It moves me to another place in time.
3. I love to dance! I always wanted to dance and my husband is a good dancer. In our area of the South everybody does a dance called "the shag". It was invented in Myrtle Beach, SC, I believe. Anyway I printed out the basic steps from the Internet and practiced while holding onto a door knob. I'm no Ginger Rogers, but its so much fun. My hubby just throws me all over the place and spins me every which way. He's a lot of fun. We only get to dance in public once or twice a year, though.
4. I once exercised with Denise Austin's morning exercise program for 3 years without stopping (during the work week) For some reason I stopped and would love to do it again. She doesn't have her shows on Lifetime TV any more. I saw where she was going to have another show this fall, but haven't checked to see where. I try to walk during my lunch break when the weather is nice. That's my exercise routine for the moment!
5. Jobs I've done: Teenage farm worker, Woolco Department Store (exchange and refund clerk), N. C. Dept of Revenue (Inheritance and Gift Tax Division), Office worker in sewing factory, Accounting office worker, Office worker in a glass plant, and my present job (20 years).
6. I love to read self-improvement/self-help books. My favorites are: time management, cooking, sewing, health, spiritual, marriage, gardening, etc.