Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Sunday in July, 2008

This morning I left home at 7:00 A.M. to go care for my Mama. I'm so proud of her progress. She can now get into her bathtub to take a shower! We should all consider the future when building or buying a home. Who knew that all doors would be too narrow and that legs would have a hard time getting over the side of a tub.

I helped her get a nice Sunday Dinner ready for herself. What a change from several years ago when the house would be full EVERY Sunday with all manner of children, grandchildren and great children. She would cook a huge meal every week. Today I helped her cook BBQ chicken, slaw made from fresh cabbage, cooked fresh cabbage, roasted new potatoes from the garden, and fried cornbread.

My brother is going to build a step that will allow Mama to get into my van and if all goes well this week, we are planning our return to church next weekend. I have been taking care of her during the times we normally go to church.

I went home about at lunch time to help get a Sunday dinner ready for my family. My daughter, SIL, and Grandbaby came. Its been a while since they visited because they have been traveling some this summer to visit family. I was so pleased when I got home to see that my sweetie had dinner under control. He made BBQ pork chops, roasted new potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, steamed broccoli and cauliflower and watermelon and cantaloupe for desert. Here is the table he set and the fruit he prepared:




Isn't he fancy?!!! LOL

This is a picture I took in the back yard. You can see the corn in the background. A typical summer day......

6 comments:

Terri said...

What a guy - a watermelon basket!!

I'm glad your mom is doing better, Debbie.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet husband to do that for you. I am glad you had such a nice day with mama and with the rest of your family.

Susan said...

Sounds like a good Sunday with your family! I was looking at the dinner table your husband set and realized you have my plates! LOL I love my Cades Cove plates (green with apples) and I haven't seen anyone else with them. And your mother's meal sounds just like one my grandmothers would have loved - my mom too! Sounds so much like home!

Little Penpen said...

You had a very busy weekend, but it sounded like a wonderful one! I'm happy your mom is doing so well. She must be so thankful to have a such a wonderful family to nurse her back to good health. Your little man is getting big...cute pic. of him and mom!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful husband!

So glad to hear you mom is on the mend!

Anonymous said...

I've just found your blog and have read today's post and a few previous to that. I hope your mama continues to improve. I'm sure she would miss that busy weekends with the house full, it's good that you spend time with her.

Your husband is a lovely man to support you as he does. It sounds like a wonderful family you are in the centre of.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...