Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Melinda at the Nest Egg. I can tell by reading her post she is a very sweet person.

Here are my answers:

Name 5 kind things I do for myself:

1. Go to the library and get as many books as I want!
2. Recently "doing nothing" on my lunch break. This means I avoid running errands and try to get away from my desk to take a walk, or another enjoyable thing. (see no. 1).
3. Worry Less, breathe deeply when feeling stressed.
4. Doing my nails, plucking my eyebrows, applying lotion or anything that makes me feel feminine or pampered.
5. Use time spent staying with my mother to rest and read.


Name 5 kind things I do for my friends, children or spouse:

1. I try to cook each member of my family their favorite foods as much as possible.
2. I pack my grown son's lunch for work.
3. I take lunch to my sweetie when he is too busy to come home on Saturdays.
4. I send unexpected surprise packages to my daughter and her family in the mail.
5. I make handmade gifts for my friends at Christmas and make sure we remember my coworkers' birthdays at work.

Name 5 kind things I do for strangers:

1. Leave extra coupons under the edge of items in the grocery store I don't plan to buy.
2. Hold the door for who ever is coming behind me.
3. Offer help to those who look lost or need directions at the courthouse I work near.
4. I "try" to be polite and patient with people on the phone at work, even when they are not being nice to me.
5. Let other drivers in front of me when they are trying to get out into traffic.

Name 5 hobbies:

1. Sewing/quilting/crafts
2. Blogging
3. Couponing, thrifting, yardsaleing
4. Reading
5. Gardening

I tag:

Sort of Frugal
Hearts in Service
Happy Hearts at Home
Elizabeth's Simple Journey
Little Pen Pen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I am so glad you are stopping to take time for yourself right now.

Take care, Lyn

Alexandra said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll post tonight. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating! I enjoyed reading your Meme.

I agree with lyn, I'm glad to hear you are taking some time for yourself!

Terri said...

Oops! I didn't get over here to read this until just now. I'll post my list later this week. (I have a huge project going on right now)!

Terri

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award. I know you are so busy right now but I just had to give it to you! :)

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...