Its been a while since I did a Frugal Friday Post! While this post is nothing earth shattering in the world of frugality, I wanted to list the ways I've been frugal, even under the stress of being a caretaker, during the last couple of weeks.
1. I had a couple of birthday and Father's Day gifts to buy. The economy has forced most retailers to offer very good sales and discounts. I was able to buy my sweetie several "nice" shorts for work and leisure at an extremely good price. I've never been able to find things for him at a thrift store or yard sale in the right size that looked nice, so finding clothing for him at an unbeatable sale in a retail store is the way to go.
2. I plan to keep an eye on the ever increasing sales for items to be used next year or for Christmas, etc. I would like to buy my grandson summer clearance clothing in the size he'll be in next summer, a 24 months size. I have a place to keep them until then. What a savings this will be. I've already seen very nice things at great prices. Its only June. They're bound to go much cheaper by the end of the summer!!!
3. I noticed that Bath and Body Works was having a 75% off clearance sale on their nice lotions, etc. I'm going to stock up on these for Christmas, stocking stuffers and other gifts.
4. I have managed to hang out a few loads of clothes. Its so hot now, it doesn't take them long to dry.
5. The stockpile I accumulated before Mama's stroke has been very convenient. I have plenty of hamburger in the freezer and canned goods for quick and frugal meals. I now see the necessity of a stockpile not only for saving money, but to have on hand in case of emergencies.
6. Being organized in my bill paying process has helped me to make sure I had no late charges, even when I don't have time to even think about such things.
7. We have been combining trips or avoiding as many trips as possible to save gas.
8. I have cut down the number of fast food meals I eat for lunch while at work. I've tried to bring a sandwich or soup. At the very least I limit what I buy to one sandwich or wrap and take advantage of the many coupons available.
9. We finished paying off our vehicle payment and ARE NOT GOING TO EVER BUY A VEHICLE THAT REQUIRES A PAYMENT AGAIN!!! (I hope:o) !)
10. We have been eating the garden produce my mother worked so hard to grow before her stroke. The veggies are so good, good for us, and at no charge.
For more Frugal Friday Posts please visit the Biblical Womanhood Blog!