Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday........

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF! (And a lot of it is small stuff!)

Please excuse me for using the name of a popular book as the title for this post! I don't claim to have come up with that saying.

However, its a good thing to think about. Its so easy to get caught up in the moment and feel as if whatever is going on right this minute or during this day are way more worrisome than they actually are.

I challenge you to put it into this perspective: One year from now will what is happening today make any difference? If it will, then do something about it. If not, DON'T SWEAT IT!

Some things we worry about are just little inconveniences. Like having to wait in line too long at the grocery store, or having someone cut you off in traffic, or someone saying something to you that was inconsiderate.

Even if you are going through something that will affect your life even one year from now, remember it is only a season and this too shall pass.

Waiting in line at the grocery store can help you cultivate patience! Being cut off in traffic can help you cultivate forgiveness! Having someone say something to you that is inconsiderate will help you develop tolerance!

One thing that I think we all need to work on is to not take offense easily. Most of the time people don't even realize that they have offended us and are off on their merry way oblivious to our feelings. Why should we be upset then? It would be better for us to let the every day run of the mill stuff that people say and do just roll off our shoulders and just say, "Oh well".

One way to have more joy is "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff".

I hope you are all having a nice Holy Week and will have a good upcoming Easter weekend.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Your bags are great and I do need to switch to cloth ones.

and while I am here, hope you have a special Easter in church and with your family.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...