Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday Sewing, Part One

She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. Proverbs 31:13

One down and one to go!

I finished one of the projects I planned to get done this weekend. I was up until 11:00 last night finishing it. I sewed the button this morning.

This is the John Deere hand bag made from John Deere Nostalgic plaid and a scrap of the yellow John Deere fabric which was just barely big enough. It is trimmed with yellow grosgrain ribbon.




I used a pre-quilted white fabric for the lining. It has three 6 inch deep green plaid pockets on one side and a cell-phone sized John Deere fabric pocket on the other side. I think the quilted lining adds a lot to it, but it is hard for my old machine to sew over some of the thick places. The outside panels are also lined with quilt batting, so I am sewing through a lot of fabric and batting!




I am off to work on the other project!

I will post progress on it later today or tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these! Great job!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...