Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

I have been making lots of cloth napkins and so my kitchen tip for today is to give cloth napkins a try!

The napkins are very easy to make from fabric you already have in your stash or can be purchased inexpensively.

Even if you don't use the napkins exclusively, they are so nice to have in your kitchen. Sunday I had company for dinner and had the ones I made in a basket on the table. Each person used one. The only problem is the cloth napkins I had weren't that cute because I had been experimenting with scraps and sizes, etc.

So yesterday I started making some "cute" napkins. These are also made from scraps. I like to make them 12 or 13 inches square in a double layer, but they can be made in single layers and in many sizes. In fact the ones I cut out yesterday are in different sizes because the fabric I had was in different sizes!

Here is one with a farm theme I finished yesterday. I like to make each side different, but coordinating. One side of this one has cows and the other side has cows, chickens and other farm things. I folded it so you could see both sides, but its 12 1/2 inches square.



Here is a Fall/Thanksgiving theme one that has been cut out, but not yet sewed.





I was able to cut out several new cute napkins and will be sewing on them all along this week until they are finished. Some of the trimming, clipping threads and turning can be done while watching tv.

For more Kitchen Tips, please go to: http://www.tammysrecipes.com/.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty, I like making napkins. You did a great job.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Little Penpen said...

I really like the farm themed ones. I recently purchased a few "wild---match nothing in my kitchen" napkins from a clearance section. (.40 cents each) Even though they don't match, they are very pretty. They will be perfect for family to use.

Rhonda said...

We started using cloth napkins years ago when our income was so very low. DH likes them so much that we still use only cloth.
Your reversible napkins are so cute, I have lots of fabric ans hould restock our napkin supply too.
The reversible ones sound quicker than ironing all those edges too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful napkins!

~Bren~ said...

Napkins are part of my Tackle It Tuesday today! I love using cloth napkins! Matching table toppers are just as easy and look wonderful when paired with napkins.

~~Deby said...

I have been seeing this alot lately....in fact on my blog roll...Lots for Less (Jenifers blog)....does a whole post on cloth napkins etc....maybe two weeks or so ago....so oyu won't have to look far..you will probably love the post...your post reminded me of that...
Do you just do a roll hem?
Deby

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...