Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Yellow and Blue Quilt




These are larger pictures of the yellow and blue quilt that has been on my side bar for a couple of weeks. I made this quilt 3 or 4 years ago. I need to do a better job of documenting my quilts. I started a little photo album with some of them in it, but need to do a record with the date and pattern, etc.

When I was looking for a pattern for this quilt, I wanted to do a yellow and blue quilt. I found this pattern on line: http://mccallsquilting.com/golden/mg13_pattern/




It seemed to be exactly what I had in mind and is one of my favorite quilts. Even though it looks like a summer or spring quilt, we use it in the winter because it is heavier than some of the quilts I have made.

I also made matching pillow cases from the left over fabric that you can see in the picture of the bed. I still have a good amount of leftover scraps from this quilt. These scraps have shown up in some baby quilts that I have made since then. One of them was the "String X Baby Quilt that I have posted about earlier here: http://homemakingdreams.blogspot.com/2007/08/string-x-baby-quilt.html

8 comments:

Mom2fur said...

That is just stunning. I think yellow and blue has to be one of the most beautiful color combinations ever...a little restful, and a little cheerful at the same time!
Thanks for your good wishes over at my blog. I feel much better today! My daughter bought me ice cream last night for my throat. Wasn't that sweet? I told her she was my favorite daughter. She didn't buy it...since she's my only daughter!
That must have been hard to have that tube down your throat for so long. I hope that never happens to you again!

Anonymous said...

Hey Grandma,
Had to come by the office to pick up some books I needed this morning. I Love You!

Joy said...

I love that combination and the pattern. I wanted to do a yellow and blue quilt for ages - it is just so cheerful. I finally started one about a month ago.... who knows when I will finish! When I do, I'll post a photo :)

Love,

Joy

rhonda jean said...

hello debbie, thank you for stopping by my blog. You're a very talented quilter, that design is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Debbie -- your quilt is beautiful and is very similar to one I have. (I wish I could say I made mine, but I didn't.) Great job! -- Ruth

PS: I just realized today that your blog now allows "anonymous" comments. :)

Littlepenpen said...

This is a beautiful quilt. You are very talented. The colors are gorgeous... I love blue and yellow and blue and white combinations. The pillowcases add a wonderful touch.

Elizabeth said...

Hi debbie,
This is so beautiful. You do great work.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

ancient one said...

Love your quilt. I have a yellow and other colors that Little Penpen made. Its one of my favorites!!

Sewing To Sell Book

This looks like an interesting read for anyone who wants to make money from home. I love sewing gifts for my family and also items to s...