Thursday, July 19, 2007

THANKFUL FOR ALL THINGS

Even though I dream of being a full time homemaker, I really do have a great job and work with great people.

I had a lightbulb moment this morning. ... I saw on the news where a mother and her twin daughters were killed in a fire caused by a malfunctioning A/C. I realized how devastated I would be if my office were to have a malfuntioning A/C and burn down. I would be out of a job, but that wouldn't even compare to losing the lives of your children in a fire! I realized how much I need to be thankful for the wonderful situation I am in. I DO NOT NEED TO BE COMPLAINING! I should be thanking the Lord every day in all situations.

I have it so good in all ways. We are so blessed compared to many people in other countries. I know the Lord just looks at us and just shakes his head when we are so blessed and complain about the smallest of things!

I will be more aware of how much I need to be thankful and have a great attitude in all things!

Even though I miss the mark miserably most of the time, if I shoot for excellence in being a Biblical Woman, I know the Lord will reward me with the longings of my heart, if they are His will. But not complaining is an important thing to be aware of.

With hugs and thankfulness, Debbie J. :o)

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

I agree with you so much about being thankful. As much as I would love to be at home full time, I am very thankful to have such a great job. God puts us where He wants us and when it is time to come home, God will have His hand in that too.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...