1. Fried food.(If you stand still in the South they will bread you and fry you!)
2. Everything closes and there is no bread in the grocery store if there is any mention of snow in the forecast. The weatherman is afraid to say snow and just says the "S" Word. We insist that the schools close because it is dangerous for our kids to be on school buses, but then we pull them on a sled behind our 4 wheel drive truck on the interstate. (My neighbors actually pulled their children and my son like this down the road in front of our house, much to my horror!)
3. Sweet Tea (Mickey D's for $1.00 is the best!!!)
4. Our vegetables are well cooked, not crunchy.
5. We call lunch dinner.
6. A popular dance is shagging.
7. A good Southern cook will feed anybody in her path.
8. Our grandparents are called our ma-mas and pa-pas.
9. A lot of people have double names like Billy Bob, Joe Ben, Debbie Lou, etc. If their Mama didn't name them that we will nick name them that anyway.
10. You have to look out for water moccasins in the summer (a snake).
Do I have any Southern Blog Readers? I'm not sure who to tag!!!