Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Freebie and Cheapie Kid's Activities With My Grandson

Our grandson spent the weekend with us and I thought I would share some of the activities that I planned. You don't have to spend a lot of money to make kids happy! My ultimate goal is that he will enjoy coming to our house and have fond memories when he is older.

So here are a few things we enjoyed doing together.

Books and Legos outside on a quilt in the beautiful weather:


A big stack of library books picked out by Grandma:


Craft supplies and spring toys from the dollar store:


Big boxes brought home from Grandma's office. (We never did play with these, so they will be stored until next time)


Banana Splits:


Painting Rocks:


Lady Bugs and a big alien monster rock!


This one is for my daughter:




Tissue flowers for his Mom for Mother's Day:


Leaf, herb and flower impressions made with a hammer:


And last, but not least, creating this scarecrow:


Some ideas I have for this summer include:  running through the sprinklers, a picnic, a backyard obstacle course, eating Popsicles outside, and the boxes shown above can be made into a playhouse or spaceship.

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

And those are the things that memories are made of...and the makings of a fun childhood! I am memory minded too, and sometimes have to explain to my husband why I am willing to be sore the next day, from doing some of the things I do with my grandchildren. LOL

Auntie M said...

What a great weekend you planned and expedited. Dylan will have many wonderful memories of time spent at the farmhouse.

Debby said...

What a wonderful time he must have had!! Wish more people would just let kids be kids, they don't need all the "stuff" on the market to have a good time. You rocked the Grandmother weekend!!!

Ruth said...

Wonderful ideas! I'm going to have to copy a few. :)

Alexandra said...

Fun!!!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...