Friday, October 5, 2012

Run the Clock Up!

My favorite quote this week. "Run The Clock Up"

Do you ever wish that you could get some unpleasant chore or other thing over with? I guess we all do.

Before going to dialysis the other day, I asked Mama if there was anything I could do for her before she left. She said, "Run The Clock Up". I was confused at first, but then realized she wanted the time to go by fast. I had a little chuckle over that, but it was no laughing matter for Mama. :o(

She is experiencing many health problems in her old age, that I won't go into detail about here. But, know that its tough!

I found some comfort this morning in Psalms 139. ... All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

I also love Psalms 56:8 You have kept count of my wanderings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?

So what ever happens with Mama... or any of mine or your loved ones, its already written in the book. 

We can't "Run The Clock Up".  We have to endure what ever comes our way.

But, on the weekend I  want to slow the clock down!.  I need to practice being content what ever the circumstances and  no matter where the hands of the clock are pointed!

I hope your day and weekend are filled with blessings and peace. 

6 comments:

Impera Magna said...

(((((Debbie)))))


Thinking about you and wishing you a restful, relaxing, and refreshing weekend...


Debby said...

Hugs your way

Rhonda said...

I am so sorry about your sweet mom. I hope her unpleasant medical things go quickly for her.

Hope we all have a nice slow weekend.

Little Penpen said...

Your mom sounds like such a sweetie! I am sure you wish you could run the clock up for her during her treatments. Isn't it amazing how God gives us the perfect scripture verses for whatever we need at the time? ((hugs))

Auntie M said...

Debbie, Your faith is so deep. Your commtment has to be such a comfort to Mama Alice.

Is she still in the hospital or is she back in Clinton?

We will continue to remember her and you and hubby in our prayers.

Meggie said...

Hello Debbie...I just recently lost my mother and the father of my children, all within a few weeks of each other. Add the moving to another home has added much stress. Each day is precious. I do so enjoy reading your blog!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...