Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Mystery Gift

My hubby has had a gift hidden in the spare bedroom for a couple of days and I was forbidden to go in there. I was so surprised to find out what the gift was! He had the old treadle sewing machine cabinet that belonged to my grandmother refinished! I really, really love this gift.

This is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. It means so much to me that he would go to the trouble to have this done and keep it a secret.





Here are a few before pictures that show how bad the condition of the cabinet was.







Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Denise said...

What a special gift....blessings to you and your family this Christmas.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

it is just lovely, Debbie!! how special...merry Christmas!!

ancient one said...

Your husband is definitely a keeper! I know you love it!!

Granny said...

Oh my, that is beautiful. It is such a wonderful and thoughtful gift from your sweet husband. It's one you will remember every time you see the cabinet or use the sewing machine.

Pen Pen said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL...what a sweet gift! And what a treasure...the machine and your hubby!!

Auntie M said...

Truly priceless - and so is he!!!!

Deanna said...

Those tricky men! I guess that is why we keep them. So very pleased for you! :)

annie said...

Absolutely wonderful! Enjoy!

Pen Pen said...

Hey Debbie, I just looked at these pic's again on my desktop computer, which has a larger screen than the laptop. I will say WOW again.... whoever refinished this machine did an awesome job. Thumbs up to hubby!!!

Sewing To Sell Book

This looks like an interesting read for anyone who wants to make money from home. I love sewing gifts for my family and also items to s...